Elson Junior School
Home School Agreement
If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to a teacher, member of staff, Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher – we will always make time for you.
- Provide an enjoyable, broad and balanced education that meets the needs of your child’s well-being, mental health and academic needs.
- Provide a safe and secure environment, which has been risk assessed, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Adhere to the suggested preventative measures and social distancing rules as set out by the government to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 as much as we reasonably can.
- Provide online/remote home learning to support and develop your child’s education and development during periods of national lockdown or COVID-19 related isolation.
- Encourage the children to respect themselves and others at all times.
- Communicate between home and school through notices, newsletters, text, email, Facebook, Instagram and the school website.
- Endeavour to meet parental needs and concerns.
- Contact parents/carers immediately if your child displays symptoms of COVID-19.
- Inform you if a member of staff or child in your child’s ‘bubble’ has a positive result of COVID-19 in line with current government guidance.
- Support the Home School Agreement, social distancing measures that are in place, the school’s policy for managing behaviour and the Behaviour Policy addendum.
- Understand that if my child is unsafe as per the COVID-19 risk assessment and Behaviour Policy the school will call me and I will come and support or collect them immediately.
- I understand that the Headteacher will need to be satisfied that the risk assessment precautions that have been put in place can be met by the child before they return.
- Make sure if my child, or anyone in my household, shows symptoms of COVID-19, that I do not send them to school, and we self-isolate for 10 days as a family, arrange to be tested and let the school know the result as soon as possible via telephone.
- Ensure if my child shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will collect my child from school immediately.
- Inform the school of any reason for absence before 0900 in line with the school’s absence procedures.
- When commuting, and dropping my child off and picking them up, adhere to the 2 metre social distancing and staying safe rules.
- Strictly stick to the school timings for dropping off and picking up my child, not congregating in the school grounds.
- Ensure that my child will not bring any additional items into school with them. The only items to be brought to school are packed lunch, a water bottle which will be sent home daily for washing, sun hat, sun screen and any hand gel for children who may be allergic to the school’s soap or hand gel. These items can be brought to school in a modestly sized bag. Children should not bring toys or pencil cases from home.
- Support school to remind my child about social distancing rules and good respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Contact the school if there are any concerns that may affect our child’s learning. For example: parent away from home for a while, family bereavement, family break up, death of a pet etc.
- Read all letters/messages/emails that are sent home.
- Keep emergency contact details up to date.
- Recognise the need to work in partnership with the adults in school with their efforts to create a calm, safe and positive learning environment.
- Follow the school rules to be “Ready to learn, Respectful to All, Safe”
- Show integrity and follow the school routines, even ‘if someone isn’t watching me’.
- Listen to and carry out instructions as asked.
- Adhere to the social distancing rules in class and during break and lunchtimes.
- Follow the rules when going to, when using and returning from the toilets.
- Tell an adult if I feel unwell.
- Not bring things into school from home, or take things home from school.
- Keep ourselves safe and happy in our class and around school by following the ‘class charter’.
- Follow instructions for arrival or departure from the school site
- Move around school safely, following social distance guidelines and instructions from my class teacher.
- Only use the learning resources provided to me by my school and no other.
- Not mix with other children in the school that are not in my class/year group bubble.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: coughing and sneezing into elbow or tissue (catch it-bin it-kill it), follow tissues disposal rules and avoid touching my mouth, nose and eyes with my hands.
- Follow good hand hygiene – use soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Follow the school expectations of behaviour: Ready to Learn, Respectful to All, Safe at all Times
- Engage in restorative conversations and actions following an episode of breaking our school rules
- Know I will receive a sanction for not following the rules.
Sickness: If your child has been unwell in the night, please inform the school before 0900. They should return to school in line with current guidance available through the school office and detailed on the school website. If they develop any signs of COVID -19 government guidance should be followed for testing and self isolation.
Attendance: Attendance at school is mandatory. If your child is absent we will follow our safeguarding procedures and phone home. If you do know that your child won’t be at school please let us know due to being unwell please follow our attendance procedures and contact the school office before 9am.
Emergency Contact: Your contact details are vital in case of emergency; please keep us informed of any changes as soon as possible. We require three emergency contact details of close family and friends to contact in the unlikely event of an emergency.