All children are expected to wear the Elson School Uniform. Some items are on sale at the school office. Current costs are indicated.
- Sweatshirt or cardigan – Navy blue (preferably with school Logo)
- Polo shirts – Light blue (with optional School Logo)
- Fleece – Navy Blue with School Logo (optional, for outdoor wear only)
- Trousers, shorts or skirts, Black or grey
- Shoes – Plain black with flat heels (children may change into trainers for playtimes)
- Summer Dresses – blue check or stripe
- Socks and tights – Plain black, grey, white and navy blue
All PE kit should be brought to school in a named drawstring bag
Gymnastics, Dance and Games:
- Shorts – Navy Blue
- Round neck T shirt – white
- Track suit (any colour) for outdoor games during cold weather
- Plimsolls for indoor use
- Trainers for outdoor use
Swimming (April – June) at Brune Park:
- Swimming costume
- Swimming Hat (year 5 onwards only)
- Goggles (optional, please teach your child how to put these on and off safely)
Clothes and school shoes should be plain and free from commercial logos or trimmings
- Book Bags with School Logo
- PE Bags
- Art shirt/apron
- Sun hat for playtimes
- Water bottle
All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly marked with your child’s name
Children may wear a wrist watch and small stud earrings. For health and safety reasons these must be removed for Physical Education and when using the Adventure Playground. Children must be able to remove and replace their own ear-rings. No other jewellery is permitted.
We encourage and expect all our children to take pride in their appearance and to ensure that it is appropriate for the occasion. Outlandish hair styles, nail varnish and make up etc. are not appropriate for school but are OK for the school discos.
Named Lost Property is always returned promptly to the owner. Lost Property is kept at the school office. Unclaimed items are disposed of after half a term.